Monday, October 4, 2010

what to 'do?

it's no secret that choi boy's hair has been the subject of much thought and contemplation. we all know that choi boy has somewhat long, flowing locks that are regularly pinned back with pretty hair clips:

Photobucket
apparently, the foster mothers don't cut the children's hair. i've heard it's something about letting the adoptive parents have the honor of cutting it for the first time or something -- not sure.

so, one of the things that's kept my mind occupied during this (ridiculously long) wait is thinking about possible hairstyles for choi boy.

there are just so many classy styles to choose from! let's take a moment to peruse, shall we?

first up, the ever-sophisticated baby mullet. or, as i learned from mulletjunky (mmmhmmm, there *is* such a site), also called "the infantullet".
source
i have no words.

equally as stylin, the rat tail:source
oh goodness, i just had serious flashbacks of elementary school cooties.

there's always the page boy cut:
starburst berries and cream Pictures, Images and Photos
source
does anyone else remember this commercial? i think it's HIL-arious. "i'm a little lad who loves berrrries and creeeeeam!"

the fab four from across the pond did some major trendsetting with the mop top:
source
love, love me 'do! (sorry, i couldn't resist)

another wildly popular "musician's" hairstyle?
source
the bieber baby! i have to rule this out, though, because i wouldn't be able to stand that constant head-shaking he does.

we could go more modern ala brangelina's tots:
source
but the thought of bleaching my baby's hair? uh, no thanks.

we could go all posh and becks and copy their boys' coifs:
source
seriously, *is* there a more beautiful family?

in all seriousness, though, i'd love choi boy to have hair like little kingston rossdale or grier henchy:

source
there is nothing cuter than baby curls! but, i'm pretty sure choi boy's hair is too straight.

what 'do (sorry, last time, i promise!) you think? any other awesome styles i should consider?

EDIT: i had to come back and add this amazing gem. the hairstyle of all hairstyles.

ladies and gentlemen, i give you:
Photobucket
the bowl cut.
modeled by none other than, you got it, daddy choi.

sorry, peter! ;)

29 comments:

  1. I have to vote for the beck boys! A close second though is the baby mullet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker is more of a Beck's boy...but the long hair...kind of BOF look..handsome! I remember P's FM apologizing up and down bc she trimmed his hair. Ummm, just fine he was starting to llok like a girl! No matter what, you guy is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hairstyles of some of the male actors in kdramas. I always hope that Joel's hair will do something similar when he gets older! And Joel's foster mother cut his hair before he came home...and he was only 8 months! His hair grows so fast.

    I can't wait to see what hairstyle you come up with for Choi Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cracking up here! Around here we call that 'bieber baby' look the "mushroom head"!!!

    I think Choi boy will be cute no matter what hairstyle he has, considering how adorable he is with clips in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. So many *wonderful* options from which to choose. Although a good Rod Stewart spike 'do would also be awesome. I challenge you to google-image him... holy YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! This post is way too funny! Oh my gosh...memory lane! I so had a mullet..wait do I want everyone to know this? ugh..it was awful...really bad. I remember the boys we had in school with rat tails...not so cute. lol! This just cracks me up!! I'm seriously giggling as I write this. Um...I'm thinking pass on the first two looks. ;) I've always loved the Beatle's hair and totally agree with the head shaking with that Justin kid. I know once you see your baby boy...you'll know exactly what cut or no cut he should have! He's going to look adorable with what ever you choose! Can't wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL.
    you should take pics of him w/ all those styles. that would be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! So hilarious. I wish our foster mom received the memo about allowing us the honor of giving Maddyx his first hair cut. Unfortunately, he was the victim of two REALLY bad hair cuts. I could have provided you with some great examples of a really bad 'bowl' cut for your post (just saw your edit...LOL!!). I agree, the best baby hair is by far the crazy curls, but I'm kind of loving the long, flowing locks Choi boy's rockin'! Can't wait to find out what you decide. As you know, I love playing with all of Maddyx's hair and trying new styles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHAHAH. love this post girl. you have a gift for speading a giggle.

    what about a wil smith 'prince of bel air' flat-top-type look to go with the first two?

    oh. yes. i too cannot stand justin bieber's head shake thing. it drives me insane. i think choiboy needs to share a few hairclips with him so his hair doesn't get in his eyes.

    wow. i love the selection. i do secretly think a bowl cut is always an option when they are so little. maybe they were invented by stressed mothers so that they could just laugh to themselves when they cut it and after.

    anyway. the 'edit' was brilliant. daddy choi's hair is awesome as a finishing touch to your list. hehehe. i'm thinking choiboy will rock in most of these styles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah that lovely 80's bowl cut takes the cake! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my vote is for mophead!!! :) or p's rad bowl cut. hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is great!!! The baby mullet had be rolling..but I think I have to vote for the bowl cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the list. My favorites are either the bowl cut or the Beckham haircuts. Whatever you pick, it'll be awesome. And no matter what you pick, it'll probably be worse when he's 14 and wants to do something crazy just to be a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, this post has me cracking up! I love your "edit" too I might add...Oh, the haircuts of the 80's...

    I don't think you can go wrong here... he's so stinking cute, he can rock any look! Like Christine K, I stalk k*dramas for inspiration as well (we're growing S's out to look like the "college cut" actor KHJ has in Playful Kiss) As for Choi boy, I say just take the clips out and let it flow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post...totally hilarious! And your husband's picture is adorable! I can't wait to see what you decide about Choi boy...I'm betting it doesn't involve any hair clips. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun post - especially enjoying Peter's addition! :) I can't wait to see Choi boy's hairstyle when you get to make the decisions (and see hairclip-less pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with everyone else - love this post! I think Choi boy should follow daddy's style:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh! totally cracking up over here! I give two thumbs up for daddy choi's bowl cut! LOVE the big square sideburns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hehe! I love the bowl cut! Like father like son!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG...hilarious!! When I first saw the bangs, I thought it was you. Then I looked at the face and knew it was Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is fabulous! I needed this today! Thanks for making me smile!
    (and did you know, Bieber is from my home town? My FIL has his autograph from when he was his principal!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. great post! needed the smiles! As for hair styles... no matter what he will be adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my, such a serious issue to contemplate...although i love a good mullet, i have to say a rat tail seems more practical as it can double as a leash.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this post!!! First of all because I needed a little Choi Boy fix :) Second because these hair do's are so awesome! And last but not least because that photo of Choi Boy's daddy is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tee-hee! This has me smiling & laughing.
    Peter looked REALLY cute with that cut...sweetness! And his smile? Wow! So...how much trouble are YOU in for posting that pic?

    ReplyDelete
  26. My Matthew came home at 2.5 with that exact pageboy. I wish I was kidding. It was seriously tragic!

    ReplyDelete

why, hello there! do you have something to say? 'cause i'd so love to hear it!