Friday, October 15, 2010

more distractions.

you know how i mentioned that i started crafting as a way to distract myself from thinking about this looooong wait?

people, i've gone into full craft-mode. things are out of control. it looks like a craft store threw up on my dining room table. i now understand why some women have craft rooms in their homes. the hubs keeps asking nicely when i'll be done. we have to move copious amounts of paint, sandpaper, tape, etc out of the way each time we sit down to a meal. it's a little ridic.

but, it sure is fun! ;)

want to see my latest wastes of time projects?

TA-DA!

Photobucket
holy bright flash, batman!
this one is for my friend jen's new little girl. jen and i used to work together and she's had a huge impact on my teaching. i'm so thrilled for her and her new bundle of joy!

and this one is for a current co-worker:
Photobucket
i just love argyle, don't you? i did this one on canvas. mostly because the store ran out of the wooden plaques, but i also thought it would be fun to try out a diffferent surface. what do you think?

i actually like these two more than choi boy's so i really might end up doing his again...neurotic? perhaps.

i have one more in the works. (told you, totally out of control.) i'll post pictures of that one after i give it to a very special momma! :)

21 comments:

  1. awesome distraction! What a steady hand you must have - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THEM!!! And, as you know, I can totally relate to you on the crafting thing. I've got...oh...a dozen or so projects floating around in my head right now. I sometimes think of how much knitting I could get done if I had two more arms. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! The argyle is AWESOME.
    And I totally understand the crafts taking over your life. It used to BE my life pre-children. I think there's something really satisfying about creating and working with your hands. Love manual labor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the one on canvas (well, both of them, really, but that one's my fave)!!!! As long as crafting keeps your mind sort of off the wait, go for it, sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Grace! I love it...go crazy craft girl! lol. Soooo fun to see your work! Love the argyle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I miss having crafting time... I did a lot of crafting while I waited for Alex too.
    I love the signs! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! They are wonderful. I bet you could make some cash out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOOOOOOVE the argyle!!! These are awesome. I wish I was a bit more crafty - the few things I do, when I do them, make me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice! May have to try my hand at somewhat matching ones for Emi and Asher.

    Keeping busy is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so good! love the cursive of 'claire' and the argyle too... you're good. great to have projects to work on huh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both, but I really love the canvas one! Very very cute. You are too funny, Grace. I love your description of your full craft mode. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are just adorable!!! And I'm totally lovin' the argyle!
    I'm not very crafty at all, but my hubby is an artist so you can only imagine how creative he is. When we first met, he would sit and paint for hours and we decided I needed something crafty to do, so I started making snowmen out of sculpey. I think I need to get back into that this winter. Just looking at your adorable creations make me miss making my funny little snowmen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! You are so talented! :) If Carson's doesn't make you happy, make a new one. You have to look at it in your house every day! ;) Good luck! Enjoy. Praying for EP submission soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable! Love them both. I also find crafitness keeps my mind busy. :) Here from LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  15. We still love the one you made for N 5 years ago! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fun! Argyle so darn cute. Owen is a lucky kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are AWESOME.

    Enjoy it now because you won't have time after he comes home!

    ~elizabeth~

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are very cute! (You could sell these!) What a thoughtful gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are adorable! You should sell them on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

why, hello there! do you have something to say? 'cause i'd so love to hear it!