right now my mind is all over the place waiting for a call from our agency telling us that we have been submitted for EP. so, since i can't put together a coherent post on one subject, i'm just going to write a list.
things that make me go "huh?"
1. the other day, i was driving and saw two cars with GIANT confederate flags on their rear windows. okay, what's the deal with this? i know the confederate flag is a symbol of southern pride, but what about all the other yucky stuff associated with it? do these people still want to secede and form the confederate states? no, really, i'm seriously asking...
2. i bought some children's music CDs for choi boy. the laurie berkner band. love her. she's lots of fun and not cheesy. but what about those cheesy guys? you know, those guys that wiggle and others like them? do you think they always aspired to be in a children's band or do you think they tried to be real rock stars and failed? and, do you think their wives are really proud of and excited for them? and what about their teenage children?
3. do breakouts ever stop?? a certain big birthday is rapidly approaching and if anything, i feel like my skin is getting worse, not better. i know, i should suck it up and go see a dermatologist, but mostly, i just feel like complaining. i'm a grown up for pete's sake! i shouldn't have to agonize about a having a huge zit on my face on picture day. (this really happened. 2 weeks ago.)
4. i love glee. but here's what i wonder. you know that face that lea michele makes every.time.she.sings? you know, this one?
do you think she really makes this face every.time.she.sings, or do you think it's part of rachel's character? dude, i understand the need to be passionate, but every single word and note? really?
5. while we're on the subject of weird singing faces, what's up with this one?
he is AWEsome in concert, but i can never watch the jumbotron because of that face. SO bizarre.
6. have cupcakes jumped the shark as the fashionable dessert? what's next? pudding? because that would awesome!
7. what do dogs think about? do they think in thoughts? what goes through piper's mind all day? nothing? because that would make sense, too. i'm not being mean, really. you have to meet piper and then you'll get it.
and on a more serious note,
8. if american christians tithed (gave ten percent of their income) and gave out of our excess, world hunger could essentinally be eradicated, clean water could be brought where it is needed, primary education could be funded universally, medicine could be provided for AIDS patients all over the world, and basic health and nutrition needs could be provided for everyone in the world. so why don't we? and present company (i.e. ME) totally included. my small group is reading the hole in our gospel, and it is just a big, swift kick in the butt. read it. i double dog dare you.