Saturday, October 9, 2010

a distraction.

goodness, thank you so very much for all your love and support. i so needed it. kelly's comment: "And yes, one IS the loneliest number but I hope you know that you are not alone - we are all here for you Grace." felt so true. fo sho. thank you for being here for me.

really, we're okay now. we're at peace and we're learning a lot (like, a lot, a lot, A LOT) about patience and trust.

and, i misspoke. we are *not* the only family waiting for our child to come home from korea. we *are* the last waiting family waiting to get our EP within our US agency, but there are other families with other US agencies waiting for their EPs, too. like, min. she's become my waiting buddy and we'll probably be in korea at or around the same time in december. if you have a moment, go give her some encouragement, too...her daughter is just beautiful and min and her family have been waiting for so long to bring her home.

though we are doing better, i needed something to keep my mind off our extended wait, so i got/attempted to get my craft on.

now, i can't sew like dana, or knit like suzy or heather (and a lot of my other blog buddies, too!), or design like christine, or crochet like kelly, but i do make these name signs for babies/children.

i've been painting these signs for a few years now for my friends' children, so i was excited to finally be able to make one for my own little one.

Photobucket
i think i got a bit over enthusiastic because i'm not sure how much i actually like it. the green is a lot more green that i thought/wanted (note to self, ANY color looks dark against white!), and the brown might be a bit overkill.

Photobucket
i still need to touch up the letters a bit, and i may end up scrapping the whole thing and starting a new one, because hey, i sure have the time! :) i'm also working on two signs for two other very special little ones and i'm thankful to have something to keep me occupied. you may see a LOT more attempts at craftiness from this non-crafter during extra long wait. bear with me, k?

20 comments:

  1. Grace...those are so cute! And I echo Kelly you are not alone...I know you and Min and all those waiting are in my thoughts and prayers often! I'm tempted to order some signs for my kid's rooms from you! Do you take orders? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally adorable! Oh, and I have to say, Choi boy's name ROCKS. LOVE it!

    I wish I could claim the title of master crocheter, but alas, I can't...we do everything else (designing, lining clips with ribbon, assembling, etc), but leave the crocheting up to others. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your heart is hurting terribly, Grace, but you are so good at bouncing back with a good attitude! I think crafting is a great idea for the next few months. Especially now that it's fall and you'll be inside more. I plan to take knitting back up soon since I'm feeling more cozy these days. I LOVE the sign you made - it's adorable! I'm excited to see what other projects you take up! If you have any desire to knit, I highly recommend taking a knitting class. That's what I did and it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love Carson's sign! That's a beautiful craft. I keep thinking I need to find something crafty that I can actually do... ;) Great job. Enjoy the projects and lots of hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. It's adorable! Don't overthink the colors - they're marvelous.
    I'm amazed by your ability to turn your misery into something productive. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kelly's comment, too. Very true! Great idea to be crafty--I really like that sign for Carson! It's always good to have distractions like that. Hang in there, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it and love the sly mention of his awesome name. I do agree about learning about patience...in a very difficult way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's way cute! I may commission one of the one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace,

    I've thought about you a dozen times this week because it seems like our cases are marching together. Hang in there. We'll get to Seoul.

    Thank you for your support. It was so kind of you to reference us and show your support. Thank you!

    I LOVE the sign. You selected a paint color for the walls that was a lighter green. If you had used lighter green on the sign it would have blended in too well. This gives it a pop.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Kelly. You are so good about bouncing back with a good attitude even when your heart is hurting! This waiting will end and life with Choi boy will begin! All of the pain of waiting will fade as soon as you hold that sweet little guy.

    I love the sign! It's going to look great in his room. Can't wait to see more crafts from you!! Maybe they will inspire me to be more crafty, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. when we were in process and i'd get down about bumps in the road, i'd usually indulge in a little ice cream therapy...yours seems much more productive and waistline friendly :)

    I love Choi-boy's name and think the sign looks wonderful as is. Once he is home you need to post a pic of it hanging in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I didn't have my sewing or craft shows to keep my mind busy...I really am not sure where I would be mentally right now. I know for sure that I would not have meet all my amazing blogger friends if I didn't blog! Taking your mind off of the every minute that goes by will certainly help Grace. I sure hope you won't have to craft for long though..hopefully you'll have to figure out how you are going to pack everything for your trip! Until then...keep showing those adorable signs and craft projects that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I was doing my regular "blog stalking" as my husband likes to call it and stumbled across your blog. I thought you all looked very familiar as I had just come from the Korea program meeting at CHSFS! I've really enjoyed reading about your journey here on your blog. We are still in the beginning stages of the process...our approval date was Sept. 16. I would love to chat with you more...rachel_katherine_bowman@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an adorable name sign! I wish I was crafty and had something to keep me busy when I was waiting for Noah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this sign is really cute! It's good to keep your hands busy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the sign, and agree, LOVE the name Carson!!! you're awesome grace, and you certainly match your name :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!!! I also did a lot of crafty projects while waiting for Kyle and it does help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh i like making stuff too but i can't paint straight- like the letters you've done- to save my life. this is impressive! i like it.

    thanks for comments. movies and crying- yes totally! so maybe you also cried in 'UP' like i did... did the adoption scenes in 'Meet the Robinsons' (and 'Despicable Me') make your heart so heavy?! sigh. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I love the little signs... What a great way to keep yourself occupied.

    I do not sew, or do any crafty thing, but I do have 4 other kidos to keep me somewhat busy. But lately all I can think about is Emi.

    Thanks for sharing... Hope I get to meet you all soon... coffee in Korea would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Grace... I LOVE it!!! LOVE. IT. Sooooo cute! (and I love the bold stripes as well, but I completely "get" where you are coming from with rethinking it.) I struggled with our wait to referral, and actually have a knit blanket I worked on when I needed to "calm my mind or soul." I would take it out and knit until I was breathing normally, and thinking clearly. Crafting ... it does a body good! ;-) I actually plan to donate it when I finish it.

    PS - THANKS for the shout out. It made my night. :-)

    ReplyDelete

why, hello there! do you have something to say? 'cause i'd so love to hear it!