Friday, May 27, 2011

laters, lovely locks.

well, folks, the inevitable has happened.

choi boy got his lovely locks chopped off. and not just a trim, mind you.

no, no, it's a full-blown hair makeover.

and makes me sad because he looks like such big boy now. :(

i reeeeeally wanted to keep cb's hair long because he has really gorgeous hair that falls so nicely, but the poor kid was sweatin' up a storm in the hot weather and was getting all kinds of gunk in his long hair from playing (rolling) outside. so, i sucked it up and agreed to give choi boy a short cut for the summer.

now, you may recall how choi boy's last haircut went down. 'twas not so pretty.

this, time, we wised up and headed over to a salon that specializes in children's haircuts. i was a wee bit (okay, a lotta bit) nervous because i knew some mommas had taken their kiddos to such places only to have the trip result in totally botched up hairstyles. but, i brought a picture as a reference and hoped for the best. or at least hoped that it wouldn't be the worst.

choi boy was not too happy about the whole situation, but we had him sit on his appa's lap, turned on some d0ra, gave him an elm0 toy and a lollipop and he settled down.

he still wasn't thrilled, but he tolerated it and kept a very close eye on what was going on.
Photobucket

after a minute or so, relaxed for a bit as inches of hair (sniff...) fell from his head.
Photobucket

he even played for a little,
Photobucket
Photobucket

and caught up on some d0ra.
Photobucket

when the haircut *still* wasn't over, choi boy got a bit suspicious and kept alternating between checking himself out in the mirror,
Photobucket
Photobucket

and giving me pleading looks of desperation.
Photobucket
Photobucket

cb *nearly* lost it when he realized his lollipop was covered in hair.
Photobucket
(and, i may or may not have swept in and gotten the hair off by licking it and spitting out the hair. may or may not have.)

by the time the magical glowing clippers (yes, they glow, that isn't my flash reflecting in the mirror!) came out, cb had had enough and was DONE.
Photobucket
and thankfully, so was the stylist.

phew!

and the result (as momma looks on with crazy eyes)?
Photobucket
total big boy look.

sad.

choi boy was thrilled to be done and zoomed next door (hence the blurriness) to the toy shop to give hugs to his pals from the street.
Photobucket
seriously, who is this preschooler in that picture?!

i have to admit, choi boy still looks pretty darn cute (in my humble, unbiased opinion, of course), but man, now that he doesn't have the long hair to balance out his cheeks, they look HUGE!
Photobucket

it'll definitely take some getting used to...this morning when i went to scoop cb out of his crib, i had to do a double take because i had forgotten what he looked like with this new hair!

sigh.

hair.

at least it grows back.

25 comments:

  1. i think he actually looks younger and i love seeing his cute little forehead!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy things we, moms, do for our kids, huh? cb is still adorable but yes, he does look like a big boy now. sniff sniff.
    btw, wasn't peter sweating while holding cb? whenever john or i had to do it, it was sooooooooo hot in there i couldn't wait for the haircut to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so handsome! I know what you mean though about getting used to it... or at least I WILL know. I'm dreading Alex's first hair-cut!!! And love what you "may or may not have" done with the sucker. Now that's LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE cb's haircut!!! He looks so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness he looks great... still a little cutie patutie!!! Love that hair cut. Asher is really needing to say good by to some hair as well. The sweat has been rolling down his face from under all the hair!

    So glad it went better for you this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks adorable! I really like the new hair cut, and it will be perfect for summer! You definitely have a big boy on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wel, I certainly think he looks sooooo handsome...and even more like Little D now -- so of course I think he looks super cute. (You know there were similarities before...but now there are more, especially in that second to last shot.) I always keep D's hair pretty short. I cannot stand when it starts to get all in his eyes, ears, and sticking to his skin. GREAT summer cut, CB! I think you look fabulous!

    I also love what you MAY or MAY NOT have done for your little guy's lollipop...the things we Mamas have to do. All part of the job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh stop... he looks ADORABLE!!! I love the locks! And your "crazy eyes."

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks adorable - and older. I hate it that haircuts seem to age our babies way too quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He looks totally adorable ... and, yes, a bit older. Max just got a hair cut a week ago and added about 6 months to his age. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhh! both mama and son look gorgeous. love his hair cut. tho yeah... def looks more grown up huh. i think this is going to be a recurring theme as a parent! love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just love his new look, but he does look grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the photos of cb. He just looks so skeptical about the whole haircut. I'm impressed that he kept his cool for as long as he did. The haircut does look adorable-- it's amazing how much different it makes him look,though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a head sweat-er too and am debating about going shorter, so I understand your mixed emotions. But this is just giving me more reason to do the cut - CB looks adorable - His eyes are just so beautiful and soulful, I feel like I am drawn to them so much more with the shorter hair. He's a handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute cut on a super cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CB looks great! What a handsome dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. He looks so distinguished! So handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. he did soooo good!! i would have cried too if i found hair on my sucker...yuck! he does look a tad older but he still is sooo stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is quite the hair salon. dora and lollipops. I wish I got all that when i got my hair cut. Love that you licked his hairy lollipop. classic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you kidding me?!?! I CANNOT STAND the cuteness that is this new haircut!!!! (And hello, shall I quote you back about how you can see his adorable features better now?! At least I'm pretty sure that's what you told me when I buzzed S's hair.) But it's true. I'm sucked right into CB's eyes in that last shot. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He looks so cute! And it will be much cooler this summer for him.
    Oh and our last haircut, I had to hold Gabe while I was standing up the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the new look! That is also a great photo series. And yes - you are supermom! Mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

    ReplyDelete

why, hello there! do you have something to say? 'cause i'd so love to hear it!