Wednesday, May 11, 2011

whatnot wednesday.

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens



happy hump day, folks!

*i think we've got a sleep talker on our hands. lately, we've been hearing choi boy chatter in his sleep and when i check the video monitor, he's sound asleep, just chattin'. i talk quite a bit in my sleep and the hubs snores, so between the three of us, we've got one noisy sleeping household! the funny thing is, because cb isn't yet putting sentences together, his sleep talk sounds something like this, "dah dah, ah, BALL!!" or "ahbahbah MOO kokoh!" it's actually very funny to hear over the monitor.

*i'm not kidding when i say my child has a serious obsession with balls. not only does he talk about them in his sleep, but he also likes to have them close by when he sleeps. cb's really gotten down with his bedtime routine and he knows that after stories, a prayer, and hugs from umma and appa, it's time to go in his crib. we've been allowing him to "read" books on his own before he falls asleep, so lately, he's been going to his bookshelf, picking a few favorite titles and slipping them into the crib in between the slats for him to enjoy on his own. last week, he also tossed his football into his crib and apparently had some quality snuggle time with his football before he drifted off into dreamland.
Photobucket
see the football in the corner? funny kid.

*so, there's *another* pirates 0f the caribbean movie coming out?? seriously?! what number is this one? 8? i stopped watching after the second one where there was that whole weird painted eyes on j0hnny depp's face thing going on. freaked me out. no, but, really, i'm sorry to offend all you PoC fans, but i just don't get the excitement of these movies anymore. the first one was entertaining, but now? meh. and really, for all the fans out there that squeal with delight over j0hnny's "hotness" in these movies...really?? the guy plays a dirty, smelly pirate with nasty hair and teeth and he wears tons of eyeliner. i just don't get it. and this whole movie franchise was based on a *ride* at disney w0rld?? what's next? "it's a small w0rld" the movie??

*i cleaned out my closet last week. my mom told me it embarassed her and that people were going think she didn't raise me right because my closet is a mess. um, not sure who's going to come over and check out my closets, mom, but it *was* about time to do some serious organizing in there. and, i was happy to find that i still fit into a lot of the clothes i hadn't worn in while. yay! and, though i love my skinny jeans, i was reminded why bootcut/flared jeans were the "it" jeans for so long. they are WAY more forgiving than their skinny counterparts. WAY more. i'll be pulling those bad boys out again a lot more frequently now. except the super lowrise ones...those just had to go. a plummer's crack is cute on no one. just sayin'.

*i've come realize that i am not above bribing my child with sweets in order to get him to cooperate with some picture taking. in the past, i've used fruit or something semi-healthy/not-terrible-for-you to bribe cb, but on easter, i grabbed the closest treat in sight, which happened to be some of my precious chocolate eggs. cb nibbled on some eggs while my sister snapped some shots of us, and here is one of the resulting pictures:
Photobucket
choi boy's tiny choclate mustache and tiny chocolate soul patch are so classy, right? and about two seconds after this picture was taken, choi boy wiped his chocolatey hands all over my tulle cap sleeves. i think i'm going to stick with non-staining treats from now on when doing my bribing.

*and i promise, promise, promise this is my last little bit about chocolate eggs. you know why? because they're ALL GONE. i opened the last bag, had a few and then forgot about them. later, choi boy reached over from his booster seat and knocked the bag on the floor, spilling all the remaining chocolate egg goodness. i'll confess that i really considered just abiding the five second rule and stuffing them back in the bag, but piper was trying to eat them and licked a few and by the time i had gotten her away, five seconds had passed and though i love my chocolate eggs, i wasn't about to eat some that had been licked by my dog.

sadness.



your turn! come join the whatnot wednesday party with elizabeth!

14 comments:

  1. Okay, I've never seen ANY of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! And I used to be a total Johnny Depp fan (it all started with 21 Jumpstreet), but he just gets more and more feminine. I'm just not into dudes who wear more eyeliner than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed, want nothing to do with those pirates. Keep the "momisms" coming, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and there i was just thinking how pretty your shirt was and how much i loved the sleeves! dang kids and their chocolatey hands! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the picture turned out great even with the chocolate additions!! :) I'm not a PoC fan either, but my son is obsessed with the previews. I think he likes the skull and crossbones and that Johnny has his name. Every time he sees the preview, he becomes Captain Jack Sparrow. I prefer to watch him than the actual movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have actually never seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. And I am so with you on the Johnny Depp thing, seriously why is he "hot."

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny because I rarely watch TV just k-drama's and I just heard about another Jack Sparrow movie.

    And that picture is just precious. Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shirt and necklace and of course CB's shirt!
    Thank goodness the chocolate egg convo is over :) Just kidding, you know I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, it's more of a blouse than a shirt and it's gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never cease to crack me up! We have a sleep talker here too... it's hysterical to hear him chatter... most of the time.

    I *adore* that photo of you and cb! ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sleep talking will provide you with hours of goog laughs... my hubby is a sleep talker. I know all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recognized the telltale spot on CB's face as chocolate before you even said anything. What can I say, we are a "candy is great!" family. And the first Pirates is the only one I've seen (because sequels usually SUCK), and it was HILARIOUS but Jack Sparrow, hot?? Um, no.

    And yea for jeans that still fit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also not above bribing with sweets when needed. Often heard from my mouth, "Adam, smile and I'll give you a treat!". Yikes, but it works every time. I am just cracking up at the photo of cb with the chocolate on his face. It looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That photo is awesome (chocolate goatee and all)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute photo...I'll admit I did giggle at the chocolate on CB's face even before I read your words. Tee-hee!

    I'm with you re: PoC...ENOUGH!!

    And...if your mom came here & saw my closet she'd be apalled. Every time I'm in there I just get in and out as quickly as possible...and sigh in disgust. It really needs some major sorting and tossing.

    ReplyDelete

why, hello there! do you have something to say? 'cause i'd so love to hear it!