can you believe it?! choi boy is one and three-quarters today! and, why, yes, the three-quarters are very important. just ask my students. ;)
here are twenty-one bits and pieces about our twenty-one month-old, presented to you in three lists...
7 words that describe choi boy:
(i know, those first two words practically mean the same thing, but one word just wasn't enough!)
7 possible career options for choi boy based on his current interests/talents:
2. soccer player/football player/baseball player/basketball player (the hubs is doing a silent cheer reading this, i just know it.)
4. competitive eater
(watch out, kobayashi!)
5. ringside announcer (i have a feeling he'd be really good at shouting, "let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuumble!")
6. circus performer
this would be cb telling me he's going to jump off the edge. um, no, idon'tthinkso.
7 tidbits about choi boy:
1. choi boy is very much into stomping right now. it almost looks like a cross between bug-squashing and stepping. i think it's his attempt at jumping, but it could also be dancing. it's hilarious and SO FULL of passion. i love it.
2. choi boy has developed a bit of a dramatic side. he does this fake pouty/whiny/pained face when he wants something or needs your help.
it's quite hysterical because the minute you help him or give him what he wants, he's back to his silly old self. but if you don't help him or give him what he wants...let's just say he takes that drama to a whole 'nother level. phew!
3. choi boy's sweet little voice continues to slay me. and his pronounciation of certain words is enough to make me melt. my current favorite? "hello." which is pronounces, "hehyo" -- a.dor.able.
4. cb will be two in 3 short months. and of course, the almost-twoness in him brings out lots of fighting for autonomy and testing limits. we've seen some ugly toddler behavior (you know, throwing, hitting, screaming, biting -- yikes!), and we have been trying to nip it in the bud. when it happens, we'll hold his hands, and say, "look at me," and then proceed to tell him that he may not do whatever ugly action just happened. but, of course, when we tell him to look at us, he'll do everything to avoid eye contact because he knows he's being disciplined. OR, he'll look at us. i mean REALLY look at us, eyes WIDE open and kind of a mocking look on his face.
kinda like this:
you try not laugh while discipling a child who is looking straight into your eyes and mocking you!
5. choi boy has become very interested in inventive play. he loves playing in his toy kitchen and brings us food to "eat" and pretends to munch on the food himself. except, his pretend eating involves actually putting his play food in his mouth (blech). he's also started pretending different objects are cars or trains. it's so neat to watch him put all these pieces together and develop his play!
6. in addition to stomping, choi boy has also discovered the joy of spinning. he'll spin and spin and spin and then get dizzy and walk off all tipsy, murmuring, "whoa..." :)
take a look! (and listen for the "hehyo!") (and excuse the mess!)
7. cb has a killer smile. killer. i know i might be slightly biased, but c'mon, just look at this:
i mean, seriously.
happy 21 months, sweet boy! we are so blessed to be your umma and appa!