hola, amigos! hope you had a happy weekend! we had great fun with grandma and grandpa choi who came to meet and visit the one and only choi boy. post and pictures coming soon!
in the meantime, my buddy, PCOSchick (who is honest and refreshing and now officially paper pregnant and waiting for a referral from colombia -- whohoo!), passed on this trifecta of blog awards:
here's what i'm supposed to do:
1. thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. share 7 things about yourself.
3. award 15 awesome bloggers.
i feel kinda lame doing this since i've already shared so much randomness about myself, but i've got a million other things to do that i don't feel like doing, so what better way to procrastinate? ;)
technically, i'm supposed to share 7 things with each award, but since i've already done the versatile blogger, and i cannot for the life of me think of 21 things to share, i'll do 7 random facts about me, and for the other 7, i'm going to copy kelly and share 7 things i've learned as a new momma. can you tell i *really* don't want to fold laundry/organize the closet/finish up some projects for cb's room??
okay, ready, set, GO!
7 random facts:
1. i really dislike my feet. i have two extra bones in each of my feet -- one on the side by my pinky toes and one on the top of my foot. they make my feet wide and weird-looking. and now y'all are going to be checking out my feet the next time i see you...
2. i really love elephants. i don't know why...i just think they're such beautiful and peaceful animals.
3. i have a serious love affair with wegman*s. if you're not lucky enough to have this mighty fine supermarket near you, i'm so sorry. come visit me and i'll take you there. i really do take guests there just to show off the awesomeness that is wegman*s. it's amazing.
4. after i graduated from college, a friend and i backpacked through western europe for 3 weeks. my favorite city was salzburg. it may or may not have been because of the sound of music tour. ;)
5. when i was in middle school, i had a brief but illustrious career as a model. ha! no, what actually happened was, some camp or summer program or something wanted some diversity in their brochure and someone knew someone who knew my mom and i was asked to come and model for some pictures with an asian boy without the camp people ever seeing my face. and boy, were they in for a treat! i think i was in sixth or seventh grade and i had braces AND glasses and a beautiful zit the size of texas on my nose. mmmhmmm, that's right, people, i was just too much pretty to handle. somewhere out there is a random camp brochure with an awkward-looking, pimply asian girl on it. sad.
6. i love cheese. SO much.
7. in the 13 years i've been driving, i've been pulled over 6 times. five out of six times, i managed to get away without getting a ticket. i'm pretty sure that my prominently displayed teacher parking tag was the cause of my getting out of tickets at least twice. the sixth and last time i was pulled over, i got big fat ticket. i cried. not just because i got a ticket, but also because i felt like it was the end of an era. and i swore it was because i look less youthful and innocent now. double sad.
7 things i've learned as a new momma:
1. coffee + me in the mornings = BFFs.
2. twenty-two pounds might not seem like a lot, but when you're picking up and holding 22 lbs of toddler throughout the day, it's A LOT. thankfully, i'm *actually* developing some muscle tone and my spaghetti arms are firming up a bit!
3. wearing pajamas all day might be comfy, but unless i put on *real* clothes, i'm tired all day and far less productive.
4. it is *actually* possible to sing the same song/watch the same y0utube video/read the same book 100 times a day.
5. toddlers are hilarious. and they know it! seriously, it's like the choi boy show in our house everyday.
6. caring for a 16 month-old can make one super forgetful. today, i forgot i ate lunch. good thing i remembered before i gobbled down a second!
7. i didn't know my heart was capable of loving choi boy this much. seriously, in the last month and a half, i feel like my heart has grown a million times and then some.
i love this little guy so ridiculously much.
and now, i pass on these awards to:
*barb at mommy's two monkeys
*belle at belle and her boys
*christine at 12450miles
*christine at our answered prayers
*christy at 3 little monkeys
*colleen at noah and simon
*cori at daily dose of mama
*dana at plum tree studio
*elizabeth at a.e.i.o.
*elizabeth at everyday the wonderful happens
*jana at find joy now
*janet at seoul searching
*jen at our family, our journey
*joanna at little bit o'seoul
*kelly at jon & kelly + max
*kelly at life with briar
*kimberly at blessings from korea
*kris at life in the hammer home
*krista at when you wish upon a star
*kristin at seoul purpose
*michelle at life according to wesley
*michelle at soul-2-seoul
*misty at a petits pas
*rach at in his hands
*sandra at three continents -- one family
*sarah at the butsons
*sue at all accounted four
*sue at finding our sunshine
*tina at the ros' bowl
*tina at tinalimchung's xanga
*yvonne at our korean american family
i know, i know, that's way more than 15 and i've probably left the rest of you with hardly anyone to tag, but i felt like breaking some rules! plus, i'm hoping this peer pressure gets a good amount of my buddies to make their own list to share... ;) and, i'm so very sorry if i unintentionally left any of my buddies off this list -- i may be procrastinating, but i *am* working on dwindling brain cells!
tag, you're it!