Monday, March 8, 2010

congrats, sandy!

last night i shushed peter so i could watch what i like to call the "superbowl for women", aka, the oscars. :) i was so happy for sandra bullock when she won! i know not everybody's a fan, but i've always liked her since "while you were sleeping." there's just something about her that seems so relateable; that even though she's a celebrity, you could just hang out with her, you know? (on a sidenote: i feel the same way away about reese witherspoon and am convinced that she would be my celebrity best friend)

anyway, i loved sandra's acceptance speech...i will admit, it made me tear up. although, that could be because i was remembering "the blind side" -- shamefully, i cried during the opening credits of that movie in anticipation of all the tears i would surely shed during the actual movie. and believe me, i cried buckets -- it was SO good!

here's sandra's speech in case you didn't catch it:


i loved the part at the end when she thanked, "what this film was about for me, which are the moms that take care of the babies and the children no matter where they come from."

i know she wasn't talking specifically about adoption, although i think it was intended to be included within that statement, but that's what it made me think of. it also reminded me of something a former student's mother once told me. she told me that she told her son (my student, who was adopted) any time he asked about being adopted, "you may not have been born in my tummy, but you were born in my heart and i love you just the same." so beautiful, right? i can wait to meet the baby that is already born in our hearts. :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved her speech! So humble and sincere. I can't wait to meet your precious heart child. :)

    ReplyDelete

why, hello there! do you have something to say? 'cause i'd so love to hear it!